Monday, July 4, 2011

Books.

     Hello. I can't believe I'm still working on this blog things on the due day which is today. I'm really running out of topics. In fact, I don't think I'm having boring days or living a boring life. I just don't feel like writing my personal life on the blog or even on the diary. I know it would be interesting if I get a chance to read through these types of memories after a few years or even 10 or 20 years, but I just really don't feel like it. So, I'm not going to write about my personal life. Instead of my personal life, I would like to write about my favorite authors.
     I read a lot. I read Japanese books, English books and Chinese books. I think I read Chinese books the most since I had lived in Taiwan for 15 years. Reading is not painful for me. In fact, it is lot more a pleasure than walking in Shibuya or Shinjuku where there are so many people and you can't even walk. By the way, I hate trains. Especially crowded trains. I bet many people do agree with me. However, I bet not so many people have the same reason with me. The reason why I hate crowded trains is because it smells really really bad. It is awful. I can't believe a train could be that stinky. What is worst is that Japanese businessmen who use train smell really bad and I bet they don't notice it. I can't believe they could be that stinky as well. I strongly recommend they use cologne. I know Japan doesn't have a culture for men to use cologne. However, I really wish they would understand there's a wonderful liquid that would not make them smell so stinky.
     Back to the topic, yes I really enjoy reading. My favorite Japanese author is Haruki Murakami. I read my books he wrote such as, Norwegian Woods which is the best book I've ever read in Japanese. I love how he describes his character's thoughts. To give you an image, Haruki Murakami is definitely not a Hollywood movie type of man, he might be a French movie type of man. His stories never end with a happy ending. However, despite of his pathos ending, there are many things that are really deep and you can't even describe it in words. Because there is something you can't see or touch, it is some kind of a spirit. 
     My favorite English author is J.D.Salinger. I would like to upload his photo on the bottom of this page. I know there are many opinions about him, some negative and some positive. However, I don't really care about that. What I care is his books. In the next post, I would like to introduce some books he wrote and share my thoughts to everyone. Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment